from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A notice of termination of employment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Notice of termination of employment.
- n. The title for an automobile.
- n. An automobile roadworthiness inspection certificate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. official notice that you have been fired from your job
From pink + piece of paper, referring to the colour of the paper, in some cases as it was in past, and not necessarily present, practice. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.