from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of ploughland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Land that is plowed, or suitable for tillage.
- n. the quantity of land allotted for the work of one plow; a hide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Land that is plowed or that is suitable for tillage.
- n. In early English tenures, as much land as could be tilled with the use of one plow; a hide of land; a carucate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. arable land that is worked by plowing and sowing and raising crops
Sorry, no etymologies found.