from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pluck.
- adj. Having had these items removed by plucking.
- adj. Played by plucking.
- adj. Having courage and spirit; plucky.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having courage and spirit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the long stiff hairs removed: said of the pelt of a fur-seal.
- Endowed with pluck or courage: with a qualifying adjective.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a stringed instrument; sounded with the fingers or a plectrum
- adj. having the feathers removed, as from a pelt or a fowl
Sorry, no etymologies found.