from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To identify among a group of similar subjects, or in a scene where the subject might not be readily seen or noticed, with a gesture of the body.
- v. To tell, remind, indicate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make or write a comment on
- v. present and urge reasons in opposition
- v. point out carefully and clearly
From point and out. Instead of pointing to a particular thing, the term implies pointing to one particular thing out of several similar things, or to a thing in a scene where it might not be readily seen. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.