from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having more than two and usually more than three syllables.
- adj. Characterized by words having more than three syllables.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having more than one syllable; having multiple or many syllables.
- adj. Characterized by or consisting of words having numerous syllables.
- n. a word having more than one syllable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a polysyllable; containing, or characterized by, polysyllables; consisting of more than three syllables.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a polysyllable; consisting of many syllables, specifically of more than three.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or characterized by words of more than three syllables
- adj. (of words) long and ponderous; having many syllables
Sorry, no etymologies found.