from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive The doctrines, practices, and rituals of the Roman Catholic Church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The teachings, practices and accoutrements of the Roman Catholic Church.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The religion of the Roman Catholic Church, comprehending doctrines and practices; -- generally used in an opprobrious sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrines, customs, ceremonies, and polity associated with the office and person of the Pope, or with the Roman Catholic Church, of which he is the supreme head; papacy: used in opprobrium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. offensive terms for the practices and rituals of the Roman Catholic Church
pope + -ery (Wiktionary)