from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make potent or powerful.
- transitive v. To enhance or increase the effect of (a drug).
- transitive v. To promote or strengthen (a biochemical or physiological action or effect).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To endow with power
- v. To enhance
- v. To increase the potency (of a drug or biochemical agent)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render active or potent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give power to.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. increase the effect of or act synergistically with (a drug or a physiological or biochemical phenomenon)
From Latin potentia, power; see potential.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)