from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A concise summary of a book, article, or other text; an abstract.
- transitive v. To make a précis of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A concise or abridged statement or view.
- v. to write a précis of a work; to summarise, abridge
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A concise or abridged statement or view; an abstract; a summary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A concise statement; a summary; an abstract.
- n. The act or process of drawing up a précis or abstract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a summary (of)
- n. a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
French, from Old French precis, condensed; see precise.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French précis ("precise"), substantive use of the adjective. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.