from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless gas, C3H8, found in natural gas and petroleum and widely used as a fuel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An aliphatic hydrocarbon, C3H8, a constituent of natural gas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A heavy gaseous hydrocarbon, C3H8, of the paraffin series, occurring naturally dissolved in crude petroleum, and also made artificially; -- called also propyl hydride.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gaseous hydrocarbon, C3H8, of the paraffin series, found in crude petroleum: made by reducing isopropyl iodide with zinc and hydrochloric acid, or by the action of hydriodic acid on acetone, glycerol, etc. It is liquid below—17° C.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. colorless gas found in natural gas and petroleum; used as a fuel
prop- (from propionic acid) + -ane (Wiktionary)