from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person, device, or program that performs logical or mathematical proofs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, proves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which proves or tries.
- n. A skilled workman employed to strike off proofs from engraved plates.
- n. In homeopathic medicine, one who submits himself to experimentation in order to determine the therapeutic indications for a drug. See prove, v. t., 7.
- n. In old English law, one who gives state's evidence; an approver or probator.
to prove + -er (Wiktionary)