from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a public manner; openly.
- adv. By or with consent of the public.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In public, openly, in an open and public manner.
- adv. By, for, or on behalf of the public.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With exposure to popular view or notice; without concealment; openly
- adv. In the name of the community.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a public manner. Openly; without reserve or privacy.
- In the name of the community; with general consent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. by the public or the people generally
- adv. in a manner accessible to or observable by the public; openly
From public + -ly. (Wiktionary)