from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shift for evasion or delay; an evasion; an excuse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An excuse; a shift for evasion or delay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- v. take away the enthusiasm of
- v. hold back to a later time
- v. cause to feel intense dislike or distaste
- v. cause to feel embarrassment
- n. a pretext for delay or inaction
Sorry, no etymologies found.