from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chemistry Having four valences.
- adj. Chemistry Having a valence of four; tetravalent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a valence of four.
- n. Any quadrivalent chromosome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a valence of four; capable of combining with, being replaced by, or compared with, four monad atoms; tetravalent; -- said of certain atoms and radicals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., noting an atom the equivalence of which is four, or an element one atom of which is equivalent, in combining power, to four atoms of hydrogen; tetradic; tetratomic.
- n. A quadrivalent atom or element.
Sorry, no etymologies found.