from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of four offspring born in a single birth.
- n. A group or combination of four associated by common properties or behavior.
- n. Music A group of four notes having the time value of three notes of the same kind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a group of four babies born from the same mother during the same birth.
- n. Sequence of four elements.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A collection or combination of four of a kind.
- n. Four children born in the same labor.
- n. A cycle for carrying four riders, so arranged that all the riders can assist in the propulsion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any combination of four objects or parts grouped, united, or acting together: as, a quadruplet of springs, consisting of four elliptic springs coupled together and acting as one spring. Also called quartet.
- n. One of four born at a single birth.
- n. A bicycle for four riders.
- n. In music, same as quartole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of four children born at the same time from the same pregnancy
- n. a set of four similar things considered as a unit
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
From quadruple (modeled on triplet).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From quadruple and -et. (Wiktionary)