American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One of four offspring born in a single birth.
- n. A group or combination of four associated by common properties or behavior.
- n. Music A group of four notes having the time value of three notes of the same kind.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any combination of four objects or parts grouped, united, or acting together: as, a quadruplet of springs, consisting of four elliptic springs coupled together and acting as one spring. Also called quartet.
- n. One of four born at a single birth.
- n. A bicycle for four riders.
- n. In music, same as quartole.
- n. One of a group of four babies born from the same mother during the same birth.
- n. Sequence of four elements.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A collection or combination of four of a kind.
- n. Four children born in the same labor.
- n. A cycle for carrying four riders, so arranged that all the riders can assist in the propulsion.
- n. one of four children born at the same time from the same pregnancy
- n. a set of four similar things considered as a unit
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
- From quadruple and -et. (Wiktionary)
- From quadruple (modeled on triplet). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“He suffered a life threatening disease in 2008, but fought his way back to health for his wife, quadruplet daughters and new baby girl.”
“This method is partly why I have seen more quadruplet fawns than many think possible.”
“In Michigan we are finding that gun laws are getting less and less restrictive this year they are doing away with the "Safty Inspections" registration of handguns all together, when you purchase a handgun you fill out a quadruplet form and one copy goes to the store, one to the local P.D. or Sheriff's office, one to the State Police, and one to the purchaser.”
“His body is constantly threatening to spill out of his dishevelled clothes: he really needs a quadruplet, not a doublet.”
“At a zoo in Taiyuan, China, the birth of quadruplet white tiger cubs on June 20 was an exciting event.”
“Hell if you were birthing quadruplet boys or a goat or pretty much anything, I'd trade places with you in a second.”
“People always say that this quadruplet rhythm is for light verse.”
“Wrote a number of poems about alcohol, as befits a poet of the Prohibition, using that same quadruplet rhythm.”
“I know most of us were not born as a twin let alone in a quadruplet.. and I don't know about you but I have never been able to clone myself.”
“In 1984, Dr. Mark Evans reduced a quadruplet pregnancy to twins by literally stabbing two of the fetuses with a needle.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘quadruplet’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for quadruplet.