from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of rationalize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. weed out unwanted or unnecessary things
- v. structure and run according to rational or scientific principles in order to achieve desired results
- v. remove irrational quantities from
- v. defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning
- v. think rationally; employ logic or reason
Dated 1800 CE; rational + -ise. (Wiktionary)