from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of retaking possession of land, etc.
- n. The return of a spacecraft into the Earth's atmosphere.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A second or new entry.
- n. A resuming or retaking possession of what one has lately foregone; -- applied especially to land; the entry by a lessor upon the premises leased, on failure of the tenant to pay rent or perform the covenants in the lease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of reëntering; a new or fresh entry.
- n. In law, the resuming or retaking possession of lands previously parted with by the person so doing or his predecessors: as, a landlord's reëntry for non-payment of rent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of entering again
Sorry, no etymologies found.