Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of reëntering; a new or fresh entry.
- n. In law, the resuming or retaking possession of lands previously parted with by the person so doing or his predecessors: as, a landlord's reëntry for non-payment of rent.
- n. The act of retaking possession of land, etc.
- n. The return of a spacecraft into the Earth's atmosphere.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A second or new entry.
- n. (Law) A resuming or retaking possession of what one has lately foregone; -- applied especially to land; the entry by a lessor upon the premises leased, on failure of the tenant to pay rent or perform the covenants in the lease.
- n. the act of entering again
“But the most difficult thing of all is what we call 're-entry' - when they come back home.”
“The uncertainty about the "when" makes the "where" all the trickier, because a small change in the timing of the re-entry translates into thousands of miles of difference in the crash site.”
“It is completely unrealistic to expect that an illegal alien who has family and a job in this country will return to their native country to apply for re-entry – with no guarantee that they will get back in, or how long it might take.”
“He had a major foreign policy speech to give last Thursday, after all, even before waiting on a shuttle re-entry and landing.”
“Pick say this example: Ballute re-entry vehicles and VASMIR propulsion.”
“Such wings actually are bad during the worst part of re-entry and do not play any role for lift (check the entry angle of attack at Mach 25).”
“Low mass to volume ratio to give benign re-entry characteristics.”
“The only thing I think would be a problem would be the skip re-entry profile from lunar missions.”
“Following the launch of Soyuz TMA-14, and until the re-entry of STS-119, there will be a total of 13 people in orbit: 7 on the Shuttle, 3 on the Soyuz, and 3 on the ISS.”
“Anybody ever think about using an equivalent amount of high density wood covering an equivalent surface area on a re-entry vehicle?”
‘re-entry’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for re-entry.