American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Brought back; returned. Used postpositively.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Led or brought back, as from a distance, from captivity, etc.: as, “Astræa Redux” (the title of a poem by Dryden on the restoration and return of Charles II.).
- In medicine, noting the return of certain physical signs, after their disappearance in consequence of disease.
- adj. brought back
- From Latin reducere ("to bring back"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin : re-, re- + dux, leader; see duke. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“And that's why I think "Apollo redux" is the right approach to Constellation.”
“Apparently the Sapporo redux is totally on schedule.”
“Robin redux: Milwaukee fans got a flashback to 1982 during the American League's workout.”
“For all the hyperventilating about Obama's "socialist" sic designs, his problem is that is just Clinton redux, that is, a smoother face of the oligarchy.”
“Immunity challenge: In a “Super challenge” — that is, a redux of elements from past contests — Lex continues his dominance, winning handily.”
“Reichstag redux; there is nothing new under the sun.”
“The 'redux' - such be the cunning, that Gold standard once more again be adopted, only this time around the currency to be 'Global'; same power base prevailing now as all transferred to same dark party - courtesy of whore as would be humane?”
“I hope that Kennedy poon was worth it. in 'total recall redux'.”
“Arnold has done the best he can with the very bad hand he has been dealt. total recall redux '.”
“Iliad redux, which is called The Salt Plays, and a production of Sara Ruhl's play”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘redux’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
revising for a competition 30 games
in 24 hours
5-Letter words with J, X, Q or Z
ADDAX ADMIX AFFIX ANNEX ATAXY AUXIN AXELS AXIAL AXILE AXILS A...
Words ending in "x" (except proper nouns and trademarks)
Words I've heard/read in use, words being learnt, words that I want to eventually use in everyday language, words that are high-brow and elitist and scholarly and obscure, words that display the wo...
Looking for tweets for redux.