from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The grasshopper warbler.
- n. An autosomal-recessive mouse mutant in which cortical neurons are generated normally but abnormally placed, a lack of reelin causing disorganization of cortical laminar layers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who reels.
- n. The grasshopper warbler; -- so called from its note.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who reels, in any sense; specifically, a silk-winder.
- n. The grasshopper-warbler, Acrocephalus nævius: so called from its note.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dancer of reels
- n. someone who walks unsteadily as if about to fall
From its note. (Wiktionary)
reel + -er, from its reeling gait. (Wiktionary)