from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long, heavy, single-edged machete originally used in the Philippines.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long, heavy, single-edged machete (Wikipedia).
- n. A string or leather necktie secured with an ornamental slide (Wikipedia).
- n. A request for law enforcement officers to be on the lookout for a suspect.
- n. Designating a type of punch; an uppercut.
- v. To attack or despatch with a bolo knife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of large knife resembling a machete.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long knife resembling a Cuban machete, used in the Philippine Islands, for domestic and agricultural purposes, and in war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. long heavy knife with a single edge; of Philippine origin
- n. a cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie
Spanish, of Philippine origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)