from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A referee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. reference
- abbr. refectory
- n. Short form of referee.
- v. to referee; to act as a referee in a sport or game.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation of reformed; reference.
- n. An abbreviation of referred;
- n. of reflection or reflective;
- n. of reflex, reflexive, or reflexively;
- n. [capitalized] of Reformation;
- n. of reformer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (sports) the chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play
Sorry, no etymologies found.