from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of reflex responses, especially as they affect behavior.
- n. A method of massage that relieves nervous tension through the application of finger pressure, especially to the feet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study and interpretation of behavior in terms of simple and complex reflexes.
- n. A form of complementary medicine involving the stimulation of points on the feet, hands, or ears, in the belief that it will have a beneficial effect on some other parts of the body or to improve general health.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of reflex action as it relates to the behavior of organisms
- n. massage to relieve tension by finger pressure; based on the belief that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head that are connected to every part of the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.