from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. remaining or persisting especially after an electrical or magnetic influence is removed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which remains; a remnant; a residue.
- adj. Remaining; residual.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Additional; other: as, the moderator and remanent members of a church court.
- n. The part remaining; remnant.
From Latin remanens, present participle of remanere ("to remain"). (Wiktionary)