from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who reproduces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, reproduces.
- n. In a phonograph, a device containing a sounding diaphragm and the needle or stylus that traverses the moving record, for reproducing the sound.
- n. In a manograph, a device for reproducing the engine stroke on a reduced scale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which reproduces.
- n. Specifically The diaphragm used in reproducing speech in the phonograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an audio system that can reproduce and amplify signals to produce sound
Sorry, no etymologies found.