from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who steals bodies from graves in order to sell them for dissection; a body snatcher.
- n. One who brings something back into use or notice again.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A graverobber (a term commonly employed in the 18th and 19th centuries).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who steals bodies from the grave, as for dissection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes a practice of stealing bodies from the grave for dissection: also used adjectively.
- n. Hence One who unearths anything from long concealment or obscurity.
English; resurrection + suffix -ist (Wiktionary)