from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A protozoan of the phylum Rhizopoda, such as an amoeba or a radiolarian, characteristically moving and taking in food by means of pseudopods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the taxonomic superclass of Rhizopoda being a type of amoeboid single cell life with pseudopods not supported by regular array of microtubules.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Rhizopoda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided with pseudopods, as an animalcule: having processes of sarcode, as if roots, by means of which the animalcule is attached or moves; root-footed; specifically, of or pertaining to the Rhizopoda, in any sense. Also rhizopodous.
- n. A member of the Rhizopoda, in any sense.
- n. In botany, same as rhizopodium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. protozoa characterized by a pseudopod
From New Latin Rhizopoda, phylum name : rhizo- + New Latin -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)