from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rhombus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An equilateral parallelogram, or quadrilateral figure whose sides are equal and the opposite sides parallel. The angles may be unequal, two being obtuse and two acute, as in the cut, or the angles may be equal, in which case it is usually called a square.
- n. A rhombohedron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geometry, an oblique-angled equilateral parallelogram; a quadrilateral figure whose sides are equal, and the opposite sides parallel, but the angles unequal, two being obtuse and two acute.
- n. In crystallography, a solid bounded by six equal and similar rhombic planes; a rhombohedron.
- n. In zoology, a pair of semirhombs forming a rhombic figure, as certain plates of cystic crinoids.
- n. A material circle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a parallelogram with four equal sides; an oblique-angled equilateral parallelogram
Sorry, no etymologies found.