from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Colorless transparent quartz, used in optical instruments and as a semiprecious gemstone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. clear, colourless form of the silica-based mineral quartz, often called "pure quartz" or "clear quartz".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any transparent crystal of quartz, particularly of limpid or colorless quartz.
- n. limpid quartz. See Quartz, and under Crystal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See crystal, and cut under pokal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clear quartz used in making electronic and optical equipment
Sorry, no etymologies found.