from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A four-wheeled carriage with two seats and a standing top.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A light, low, four-wheeled carriage with standing top, open at the sides, but with waterproof curtains for bad weather.
- n. A similar but heavier carriage, enclosed except at the front, and with a door at each side.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Formerly, a light, low, four-wheeled carriage, with standing top, open at the sides, but having waterproof curtains which could be let down when occasion required; now, a somewhat similar, but heavier, carriage, inclosed, except in front, and having a door at each side.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A four-wheeled pleasure-carriage with two or three seats (each for two persons) and a standing top. It is a distinctly American type of vehicle.
Sunday, July 26, 2009 the hills visit oregon - day two, part two the rest of sunday we spent driving down to newport, lunching at café stephanie, visiting nye beach and the oregon coast aquarium. charlie was generous with scrunchy funny faces today for photos. when we returned to rockaway, we made a campfire in the backyard, complete with veggie hotdogs and smores.
Saturday, July 25, 2009 to the beach! to the beach! wanted to post a couple of old outtakes of ms. leila before we head out to the airport to pick up my sis and her family for a weekend at rockaway beach followed by a whirlwind tour of the portland sites. happy weekend to all!
Sunday, July 26, 2009 the hills visit oregon - day two, part one my sister, her husband and their two boys, bryce (5) and charlie (3), visited oregon for the first time this week. we drove out to rockaway beach for the first two nights and stayed in a cute little beach house called the seagull's nest. early sunday morning, we took leila out for a chilly and foggy romp on the beach.
Saturday, October 25, 2008 the folks 'visit - day 7 on friday, i took the day off and we drove out to tillamook, up 101 to rockaway beach for lunch, and then to cannon beach for a walk out to haystack. we met dave at the grand lodge in forest grove for dinner. it was a great visit!
November 24th, 2008 at 11:27 am texas 3a high school football allendale county school allendale sc claremore oklahoma private schools photos of far rockaway high school franklin middle school franklin nh nursing school programs in 1943
The following morning Mr. Pontellier was up in good time to take the rockaway which was to convey him to the steamer at the wharf.
His wife stood smiling and waving, the boys shouting, as he disappeared in the old rockaway down the sandy road.
To rockaway rockaway, from Cullercoats and Whitley Bay out to rockaway
They did not go to Niagara, nor to Newport; but that afternoon Monsieur Leclerc brought a hired rockaway to the door, and took his bride a drive into the country.
Mrs. Lucinda burst into tears, and Monsieur, picking a bud from the bush, placed it in her hand, and led her tenderly back to the rockaway.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.