from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. of a bowler, to run, or walk up to the bowling crease in order to bowl a ball.
- v. To bring a flag to the top of its flag pole.
- v. To make something, usually an item of clothing, very quickly.
- v. To accumulate a debt.
- n. the action of running up; the area of the pitch used by the bowler to run up, the start of which he marks with a small marker
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. accumulate as a debt
- v. pile up (debts or scores)
- v. fasten by sewing; do needlework
- v. make by sewing together quickly
- v. raise
Sorry, no etymologies found.