from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. small capital
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation: Of scilicet.
- n. Of Latin sculpsit, he (or she) engraved or carved (it).
- n. [capitalized] Of Scotch (used in the etymologies in this work).
- n. In chem., the symbol for scandium.
- n. An abbreviation of scene.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state in the Deep South; one of the original 13 colonies
- n. a white trivalent metallic element; sometimes classified in the rare earth group; occurs in the Scandinavian mineral thortveitite
- n. a permanent council of the United Nations; responsible for preserving world peace
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Round 4 - 6: * 1 sc in each sc* (18 sc) invisible decrease, 1 sc in next stitch* (12 scs)
Round 3: * 1 sc increase next sc, 1sc in next sc* (18 scs)
September 10th, 2009 9: 54 am ET wilson needs to worry about how poor they are running sc. they need a plan beyond health care. what about the people in sc, who work for the state don't pay any preminums for health care, they go on the tax payers money. he needs to sit down somewhere and get his own state in order.
September 10th, 2009 9: 50 am ET only in sc, now if i went to a meeting at the state capitol in sc I would have gone to jail. that's what they do here. what a poor role model.
I doubt he has anything other than brotherly love toward little J girl in sc
Yes | No | Report from hawg daddy wrote 34 weeks 1 day ago we do it a lot on lake greenwood in sc and we enjoy it. we only do it under boat ramps.
You are just like Hillary and Bill – disgusting! rock in sc
i was appalled by this elected official who i feel very strongly was unprofessional and disrespectful. it was totally inappropriate. i grew up in sc and the people of sc should be outraged and embarrassed of this individual's behavior.
Vadim says: ken in sc: It’s true that under the supremacy doctrine, federal law trumps state law, but only when they conflict.
I'm in sc. the gov misstepped right into it. love is blind. politics ain't. he will live with this from now on. look at Clinton. moral foolishment and politics don't mix. we are all human. don't cast stones my friends you may be next!! jaye
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.