from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the art of representing shadows as realistically as possible
- n. a vertical section through a building
- n. radiography
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or science of projecting or delineating shadows as they fall in nature.
- n. Same as Sciagraph.
- n. Same as Radiography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or art of delineating shadows correctly in drawing; the art of sketching objects with correct shading.
- n. In architecture, a geometrical profile or section of a building to exhibit its interior structure; a sciagraph.
- n. In astronomy, the art of finding the hour of the day or night by the shadows of objects caused by the sun, moon, or stars; the art of dialing. Also sciography.
- n. Photography by means of the Röntgen rays or other forms of radioactivity. Also skiagraphy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.