from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The back of the neck; the nape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone with an untidy appearance
- n. crust
- n. The loose skin at the back of the neck of some animals.
- n. The back of the neck, nape; also scruff of the neck.
- v. To lift or carry by the scruff.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Scurf.
- n. The nape of the neck; the loose outside skin, as of the back of the neck.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as scurf.
- n. Same as shruff.
- n. The nape of the neck; the nape; technically, the nucha or cervix.
- In golf, to raze the grass slightly in striking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the back side of the neck
Alteration of dialectal scuft, scuff.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)