from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of seawall.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A wall, or embankment, to resist encroachments of the sea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strong wall or embankment on the shore, designed to prevent encroachments of the sea, to form a breakwater, etc. See cut in preceding column.
- n. An embankment of stones thrown up by the waves on a shore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a protective structure of stone or concrete; extends from shore into the water to prevent a beach from washing away
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.