from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sea route.
- n. An inland waterway for ocean shipping.
- n. The headway of a ship.
- n. A rough sea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a lane or route at sea that is regularly used by ships; a sea lane or trade route
- n. an inland waterway used by seagoing shipping
- n. the headway of a vessel
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, progress made by a vessel through the waves.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lane at sea that is a regularly used route for vessels
Sorry, no etymologies found.