from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wine bottle holding 4/5 of a gallon (3.03 liters).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wine bottle having a capacity of 3 litres.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large bowl or goblet, generally of metal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large wine bottle (holds 4/5 of a gallon)
- n. (Old Testament) first king of the northern kingdom of Israel who led Israel into sin (10th century BC)
After Jeroboam I (died c. 901 B.C.), king of northern Israel.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)