American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang One, such as an assistant or deputy, who is subordinate to another.
- n. Slang One who serves as the straight man opposite the leading comedian in a burlesque.
- n. idiomatic A comedian who plays a secondary or supporting role, especially as straight man and traditionally in vaudeville or burlesque theatre.
- n. idiomatic A person who serves in a supporting, secondary, or subsidiary capacity; an assistant.
- n. someone who serves in a subordinate capacity or plays a secondary role
- n. a performer who acts as stooge to a comedian
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘second banana’.
Here you will find cultivars, of course, but also diseases, dishes, and uses.
The show must go on . . . .
The list name is a tribute to gangerh's Numberie.
pear shaped, upset the applecart, apple-pie order, apple-polisher, grapeshot, cut the melon, plum tired, through the grape..., nuttier than a pe..., apple-of-my-eye, just peachy, cracked the nut and 41 more...
A general list of words that I’ve learned during my self-study times.
No job is too small.
Words or short phrases with fruit/nut names in them.
My Favorite Words
Looking for tweets for second banana.