from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fertilization by sperm from the same animal, as in some hermaphrodites, or by pollen from the same flower.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fertilization of a plant by itself; self-pollination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The fertilization of a flower by pollen from the same flower and without outer aid; autogamy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, the fertilization of a flower by pollen from the same flower. Compare cross-fertilization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fertilization by the union of male and female gametes from the same individual
self- + fertilization (Wiktionary)