from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of selling out.
- n. An event for which all the tickets are sold.
- n. Slang One who has betrayed one's principles or an espoused cause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An action in which principles are compromised for financial gain.
- n. A person who compromises their principles for financial gain.
- n. An event for which all tickets have been purchased.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act of betrayal
From sell + out. (Wiktionary)