American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or process of buying and selling in a market.
- n. The commercial functions involved in transferring goods from producer to consumer.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of going to or transacting business in a market.
- n. That which is bought or sold; a supply of commodities from a market.
- v. present participle of market.
- n. Buying and selling in a market.
- n. uncountable The promotion, distribution and selling of a product or service; includes market research and advertising.
- n. archaic earlier (until the 1920’s), shopping, going to market.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of selling or of purchasing in, or as in, a market.
- n. Articles in, or from, a market; supplies.
- n. The activities required by a producer to sell his products, including advertising, storing, taking orders, and distribution to vendors or individuals.
- n. shopping at a market
- n. the exchange of goods for an agreed sum of money
- n. the commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product or service
“Wouldn't it be cool if one of you came up with the title marketing likes best?”
“I have been a marketer for almost 20 years, and one of the classic mistakes in marketing is to rely too much on your own experience and preferences.”
“Remember that most of the time, your competition in marketing is the kind of people who had NO idea there was a market for a Jesus movie to make $200 million in between JFK and LAX.”
“The abbreviated versions of these discussions are the term marketing is commonly understood among our producer and refiner customers as deemed back-to-back margin business where we have no out right commodity price risk.”
“Through discussions with members of the financial community, we now understand the initial perception of the term marketing is often considered synonymous with commodity price exposure, speculation and trading in the conventional Wall Street sense.”
“Smith is currently head of marketing for Madame Tussauds UK but will now take the title marketing director at the Legoland Discovery Centre brand.”
“The hiring company must certify that the title marketing representative will receive training on Insurance Code Section 12404 (see below) within sixty days of the hiring date.”
“Finally, if registration is revoked, the title marketing representative may not reapply for five years.”
“Others have speculated that the marketing is aimed at males, or that most information on the OS has spread online among techie/hacker communities, which traditionally skew male.”
“One of the jokes in my little universe is that "every time I hear the word 'marketing' I throw up a little in my mouth.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘marketing’.
My Tag Cloud
Very basic words for ESL students.
Trademark of Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report.
Sometimes I wish there were a way to create matrices or charts here, but I'm going to see whether I can use a list to get to the same place. This will be an attempt to map out an iroquoisy sequence...
a set of charting..., Thomas Jefferson'..., my wiry hair, homemade headband, wire, barbed wire, economies of scale, diseconomies of s..., communication cha..., 0, 1, 3, 6, 10, 1..., triangular number, map and 47 more...
just trying it out, you know.
Looking for tweets for marketing.