from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of buying and selling in a market.
- n. The commercial functions involved in transferring goods from producer to consumer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of market.
- n. Buying and selling in a market.
- n. The promotion, distribution and selling of a product or service; includes market research and advertising.
- n. earlier (until the 1920’s), shopping, going to market.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of selling or of purchasing in, or as in, a market.
- n. Articles in, or from, a market; supplies.
- n. The activities required by a producer to sell his products, including advertising, storing, taking orders, and distribution to vendors or individuals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of going to or transacting business in a market.
- n. That which is bought or sold; a supply of commodities from a market.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shopping at a market
- n. the exchange of goods for an agreed sum of money
- n. the commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product or service
Sorry, no etymologies found.