from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being separate and distinct.
- n. Law A separate and individual right to possession or ownership that is not shared with any other person.
- n. Law Land, property, or an estate owned in severalty.
- n. Law The quality or condition of being held or owned in severalty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the sole holding of property by someone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A state of separation from the rest, or from all others; a holding by individual right.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A state of separation from the rest, or from all others: used chiefly of the tenure of property.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being several and distinct
- n. exclusive individual ownership
Sorry, no etymologies found.