from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To scratch; to rub.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The itch in animals; also, a scab.
- transitive v. To play mean tricks; to act shabbily.
- transitive v. To scratch; to rub.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A scab.
- n. A disease incident to sheep; a kind of itch which makes the wool fall off; scab: same as ray or rubbers.
- To rub or scratch, as a dog or cat scratching itself.
- To play mean tricks; retreat or skulk away meanly or clandestinely.
Sorry, no etymologies found.