Did you perhaps mean sheriff?
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A descendant of the prophet Muhammad through his daughter Fatima.
- n. The chief magistrate of Mecca in Ottoman times.
- n. A Moroccan prince or ruler.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A descendant of Mohammed through his daughter Fatima.
- n. A prince or ruler; specifically, the chief magistrate of Mecca.
- n. A high dignitary having both temporal and spiritual authority among the Sulus and other Mohammedans of the Philippine Islands.
- n. A simplified spelling of sheriff.
- Arabic šarīf, noble, from šarufa, to be highborn; see śrp2 in Semitic roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Eventually, a masculine oral Hodge who had after been a sherif in Virginia, stepped contemptuous to renew his blessings as good as thanks.”
“The violence escalated after my mom died to the point to where if sherif Johnny France hadn't come and taken us away, I can guarantee that we wouldn't have lived another month or two.”
“And the guys is a liar (his rates in fighting crime are very low, probably the lowest in the State of Arizona, and he poses as a succesful sherif)!!!”
“May 3rd, 2010 5: 23 pm ET sherif Joe would make a helluva president. its bout time we got rid of all the colored rifraf. america for americans”
“Interesting that the "no" votes are coming from portions of King County that rely on the sherif as police.”
“At the very time Britain was telling Weizmann and others Jews that next year they might really be in Jerusalem, it was also promising much of the Arab world to Hussein Ibn Ali, sherif of Mecca and a trusting soul.”
“High UIC officials (like sheikh sherif sheikh Ahmed) campaigned against the clan discrimination culture in Somalia.”
“Named one fight scene in buffy or BSG that rivaled the scene in rome in the Arena or when Al and the sherif had there fight in the street?”
“Diary Entry by virginius "gin" arnold (about the author) yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'There is a new sherif in town'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Already there is talk of reversing some of Bush\'s presidential orders, closing Gitmo ---- there is a new sherif in town!”
“Already there is talk of reversing some of Bush's presidential orders, closing Gitmo ---- there is a new sherif in town!”
Looking for tweets for sherif.