American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Either of two detachable braided cords worn on each shoulder of the full-dress uniform of commissioned officer.
- n. An ornamental knot of ribbon or lace formerly worn on the shoulder.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A knot of ribbon or of metal lace worn on the shoulder. The fashion was introduced from France in the time of Charles II. It is now confined to servants in livery.
- n. An epaulet.
- n. A piece of jewelry made to wear on the shoulder, as a brooch or simple ornament: most generally a diamond pin set with many stones.
- n. One of certain noctuid moths: an English collectors' name. Hadena basilinea is the rustic shoulder-knot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an ornamental knot of ribbon or lace worn on the shoulder; a kind of epaulet or braided ornament worn as part of a military uniform.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘shoulder knot’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for shoulder knot.