from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See sea cow.
- adj. Of or belonging to the order of sea cows.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a group of aquatic, herbivorous mammals, of the order Sirenia, including the manatees and dugong.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any species of Sirenia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a siren.
- Pertaining to the Sirenia, or having their characters.
- n. A member of the Sirenia, as a manatee, dugong, or sea-cow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of two families of large herbivorous aquatic mammals with paddle-shaped tails and flipper-like forelimbs and no hind limbs
From New Latin Sīrēnia, order name, from Latin Sīrēn, Siren; see siren.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Scientific Latin Sirenia. (Wiktionary)