from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
sit-up; alternative spelling of situp.
- verb intransitive To assume a sitting position from a position lying down.
- verb intransitive To sit erect.
- verb intransitive To show interest or surprise.
- verb To
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb not go to bed
- verb change to an upright sitting position
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word sit up.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.