from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To unwind from or as if from a curl, coil, spiral, or curled position: uncurled my fists.
- intransitive v. To become unwound from a curl: fern fronds uncurling in the spring air.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To straighten out from being curled up.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To become uncurled, or straight.
- transitive v. To loose from curls, or ringlets; to straighten out, as anything curled or curly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To change from a curled condition or form; straighten out, as something which is curled.
- To lose its curl; come out of curl; become straight, as a lock of hair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move out of a curled position
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Scrub grass, gravel, generations of wet and blackened leaves, something pale green and flowerless about to uncurl.
Let's, for a moment, uncurl liberal lips and take that at face value.
The problem with this is that while the RS3 definitely curls your toes the fact that the money man undeniably has a point will most certainly uncurl them.
Once the petals are in their final ice bath, the tubs are brought over to the center table, where the stagiaires reach into the frigid water, lift out the petals one by one, uncurl them, and press them flat Remember!
He made an attempt to uncurl from his protective ball and roll onto his back.
No one would ever sneak up on me with him around, I realized, and for what seemed to be the first time in a long, long while, I breathed deeply and felt my hands uncurl out of fists at my sides.
And those little whistle things that uncurl when you blow into them?
Dusty hands uncurl against triplelocked chainsWhitefurred redeyed rabbits flicker across tiles
Hold the position for a count of three, then breathe out to a count of three as you uncurl slowly, keeping your head back until the very last.
Taro saw where her hand was gripping one of the golden tubes and tried to uncurl her fingers.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.