from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To unwind from or as if from a curl, coil, spiral, or curled position: uncurled my fists.
- intransitive v. To become unwound from a curl: fern fronds uncurling in the spring air.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To straighten out from being curled up.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loose from curls, or ringlets; to straighten out, as anything curled or curly.
- intransitive v. To become uncurled, or straight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To change from a curled condition or form; straighten out, as something which is curled.
- To lose its curl; come out of curl; become straight, as a lock of hair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move out of a curled position
Sorry, no etymologies found.