from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A railroad car having accommodations for sleeping.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A railroad car with sleeping facilities for passengers travelling overnight.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a railway car or carrriage, arranged with apartments and berths for sleeping.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A railway-car fitted with berths in which beds may he made up for passengers to sleep in.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a passenger car that has berths for sleeping
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.