from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cricketer who attempts to score runs fast by attacking every ball that can be hit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hard hitter; a slugger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who hits hard, as in boxing or ball-playing. See slugger.
- n. The second division of race-boats at Cambridge, England.
- n. In cricket, one who strikes at the ball wildly and without judgment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who works slowly and monotonously for long hours
- n. someone who walks in a laborious heavy-footed manner
- n. a boxer noted for an ability to deliver hard punches
Sorry, no etymologies found.