from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that slugs, as a fighter who delivers hard swinging punches.
- n. Baseball A batter who hits many extra-base hits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a boxer who tends to deliver hard punches
- n. a batter who has a high percentage of extra base hits
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who strikes heavy blows; hence, a boxer; a prize fighter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who hits hard with the fists; a pugilist.
- n. A form of steam- or air-driven rock-drill which delivers powerful strokes of the drill-bar with the least cushioning effect of steam or air in the actuating cylinder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a boxer noted for an ability to deliver hard punches
- n. (baseball) a ballplayer who is batting
Sorry, no etymologies found.