from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The viper's-bugloss, Echium vulgare.
- n. The greater stitch wort, Alsine Holostea.
- n. The white dead-nettle, Lamium album.
- n. The white campion, Lychnis alba.
- n. The star-flower or American chickweed-wintergreen, Trientalis Americana.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
His nostrils gave him full report of the green and growing things, of the budded willows and quaking aspens down by the edge of the low bank, of the great red raspberries thickly studding the bushes at his back, and over to the right, a dozen paces away and well hidden, he knew there must be a clump of the bright-colored but poisonous snake-flower.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.